SANTIAGO – The weekend is finally here, and for some it means continuing with celebrating the Fiestas Patrias! Some fondas are still open until Saturday, but there are plenty of other fun things to do with friends and family. Get inspired!
Friday September 21st
- Arica Jazz International Festival : A festival that mixes together different styles of music all relating to Jazz. It takes place at the Teatro Municipal De Arica Pedro Ariel Olea, and it is completely free to the public
- The Fake Wedding : Hotel W is throwing an event that is sure to make you think you got mistakenly invited to a wedding…even the dress code is fashion glam.
Saturday September 22nd
- La Réplica – Ex Fabrica Club is definitely not done with the Fiestas Patrias. Plenty of promos on terremotos, piscolas, and Corona beers all night, together with dancing until the sun comes up!
- Ópera – The Barber from Sevilla : Presented as a romantic comedy, this show is one of the last classic operas created. Even if Spanish is not your strong, opera is for everyone!
- En La Luna : Teatro Finis Terrae is known for their great theatre shows, and this weekend they bring another show. It is a satiric comedy honoring Vicente Huidobro a famous Chilean poet who died 70 years ago.
- International Board Game Night : Who doesn’t love a game night? Absolutely free to anyone who wants to go, it will include talks, infinite board games, demonstrations and even championships!
- Valle de Casablanca : This month, the vineyards corresponding to the Valle de Casablanca have prepared fun activities for any tourist who visits the zone. They will have tours which will go through 2 or 3 vineyards!
Sunday September 23rd
- Create your own soaps! : La Tiendita Del Alma is offering a course for those interested in learning how to make homemade soaps. They even offer a diploma after the course, so you can certify and sell products yourself (hello self-made entrepreneurs!)
- Refuel Brunch at the W : Breakfast at Tiffany’s? Try Brunch at the W hotel! One of Santiago’s most glamorous hotels offers every sunday a special brunch open to whoever wants to enjoy their Sunday morning. This week they present a special Chilean edition…YUM.
- Los Tres Saltos de Macul : If trekking is your thing, this event is sure to not let you down. An exclusive trekking route through la Ribera, including guides, emergency kits, and only good vibes.
- Canyoning Los Queltehues : Canyoning season is finally back, and with it Awka Expediciones is offering an all inclusive for those looking to start this different way of trekking!
- Colo Colo vs Deportes Antofagasta : Whether you watch it live, taking place in Estadio Monumental, or on tv, it will sure be an intense game. If going to the stadium isn’t in your plans, plenty of bars around Santiago will be playing the game on their screens!
Maria Paz Rodriguez Zaninovic. Born in Santiago, Chile and moved to the US at a young age. Here she began noticing the differences between societies and her curiosity grew about how people think, how countries work, and how culture affects lifestyles around the world. Although professionally a dentist, her passion for writting and photography has always been a part of her everyday life.