SANTIAGO – Say your goodbyes to November, and welcome December. As chaotic as December can be, planning out a few days in the week to relax and enjoy the rising sun and summer breeze is important. Here are a few suggestions for the weekend from Chile Today & The Weekend:
Friday November 30th
- Expoweed – This year it’s theme is superheroes! Live music, exhibitions, everything you need to buy for your own plants and more!
- Traperas Vintage – Love vintage clothes? Come be part of this green movement to reduce waste and fall in love with the clothes you’ll see!
- Tattoo Week Santiago – International tattoo artists are here at Estación Mapocho ready to create their art on whoever wants to let them! Seminars, workshops, contests and even performances!
- Chile’s National Sinphonic Orquestra – Come listen to the famous tunes of Bethoven, Shostakovic, and Garrido-Lecca.
- Ballet, The Taming of the Shrew – One of Shakespeare’s classic will be presented by Santiago’s National Ballet this weekend!
Saturday December 1st
- Piknik Electronic Santiago – At Parque Intercomunal Santiago, one of local’s favorite summer events! Music, food, dance and even games for kids!
- Christmas Bazaar – The perfect place to buy all your christmas presents this year!
- Mercado Mastica – The last one of 2018, at Parque Bicentenario. Great music and indie chic designs for the summer!
- Folklore Festival – Learn about Chilean culture, typical dances and food!
- Viva la Vintage – Drugstore in Providencia is hosting a vintage day full of vinyls, clothes, old toys and more!
- Guided Family Visit Through the Municipal of Santiago : A scavenger hunt, where the kids will have to search for music notes while learning about music and the theater’s history.
- Festival Voltaje – publishing and literature culture told through women. Over 80 editorials, journalists, writers and others come together for this event!
Sunday December 2nd
- Distrito Vintage Auction – Confirm your attendance on the event and arrive on Sunday to metro Bellas Artes and get ready for your new summer wardrobe!
- The Wandering Fair – Live music, vegan (non food) products, and talks about veganism and how to incorporate it in your life.
- Trekking Laguna los Patos – All included trekking tour through Isla de Maipo’s lagoon and hot springs with a BBQ to finish off the afternoon!
- Gastronomic Fair : Southern Chile’s most important culinary events! Enjoy over 50 stands, expositions and tastings all weekend long.
- Fluvial : Valdivia’s music festival is here once again, with a theme around “Music and Media” all around the city.
Punk Era : a throwback mixed in with modern punk music all in one place!
- Afternoon of Artisanal Beer : starting this saturday, and going on for the rest of the saturdays in December!
- “Date Una Vuelta” Festival : The perfect mix of ska, hip-hop, and alternative rock!
You might be interested in:
Maria Paz Rodriguez Zaninovic. Born in Santiago, Chile and moved to the US at a young age. Here she began noticing the differences between societies and her curiosity grew about how people think, how countries work, and how culture affects lifestyles around the world. Although professionally a dentist, her passion for writting and photography has always been a part of her everyday life.